Running the most efficient workshop for teams.
From our experience, here are some tips to run the best workshops.
Subscribe to our awesome Newsletter.
Talk to every participant prior to the workshop
- Have direct conversation
- Get an idea of everyone’s perspective
- Good way to set expectations with the participants about what they’re about to learn
Research about the domain
- Read tons of things about the domain in which you’re doing the workshop
- Come up with detailed documents which explains your understanding about the domain, and share it with everyone
Prepare the venue beforehand
- Always make sure that the venue has everything that’s required to run a good quality workshop
- Write down the agenda and place it on the table before the participants come in
- What we did - Write a personal note to the 20 people who’re attending and placed it on the table
There’s no such thing called open-discussion
- Especially with a team more than 10, discussions are not really that efficient
- Write down the tasks on the board along with its corresponding time
- Explain all the methods/frameworks you use and make sure everyone is aligned towards that
Always do a quick write-up
- Make sure you sit down and write down everything that happened as pointers while you’re there in the room
- Send an email to everyone about what happened today, and what are the next steps
- Make sure all the tools and resources are mentioned in the mail thread